What’s the deal with these so-called 27.5 plus bikes? In a nutshell, bigger tires. If that doesn’t sound exactly revolutionary, consider this: Plus-size tires add insane levels of traction and control to trail bikes without adding weight and slowing you down. The Diamondback Mason 1 is a hard-charging hardtail that plows through the rough stuff, yet remains fun and flick able. The Mason 1 gets the job done and keeps things simple with sturdy double wall wheels wrapped with 27.5×3.5 inch tires. The 1×10 drivetrain keeps shifting simple, meaning no pesky front derailleur to fiddle with while you monster-truck over rocks and roots. Take the trail less traveled? Sure. And with the Mason 1 you’ll be ripping the trail less traveled.
- Light, strong aluminum frame with precision-enhancing 9mm boost quick-release dropouts
- SR Sun tour XCR34 120mm travel suspension fork with 15mm thru axle soaks up bumps
- Shimano Deere 10 speed drivetrain with ultra-wide gearing takes the Sting out of tough climbs
- Tetra Aries mechanical disc brakes increase your control
- Pedals included; limited lifetime warranty on the frame for as long as the original retail purchaser owns the bicycle