The Diamondback Mason 2 is a hardtail that can be ridden aggressively on the kind of trails you might have thought require a full-suspension bike. The Mason 2 is a fun-loving brawler, yet it practically floats over the rough stuff thanks to its ultra-wide, plus-size 27.5×2.8 inch tires. We hung all manner of rowdy-ready parts on its rugged frame. This trail bike rolls atop our own Blanchard 38R tubeless ready wheels shod with the plus-size version of gravity-loving Maxis Minion DHF and DHR tires for insanely good grip. A hardtail that thinks it’s a full-suspension bike? Yep, and the Mason 2 is ready to rumble.
- Light and strong aluminum frame with precision-enhancing 148×12 boost dropouts and rear thru-axle
- Rocks ox Judy gold RL eats up bumps with 120mm of plush travel
- Race Face Affect Cinch cranks; SRAM NX 1×11 drivetrain makes for simple and efficient shifting
- Plenty of stopping power, courtesy of SRAM level t hydraulic disc brakes
- Pedals included; limited lifetime warranty on the frame for as long as the original retail purchaser owns the bicycle