Several cycling magazines and websites called last season’s Release the best trail bike Diamondback has ever made. We were humbled. And challenged. How do you top that? By taking the same cutting-edge 130mm travel suspension design and progressive geometry and crafting a new frame entirely out of carbon fiber. We’re proud to unveil the Release 4 C – a bike with the same bottomless-feeling rear suspension and deft handling as its predecessor, but with an even lighter and stiffer chassis. We equipped the Release 4 C with a Fox Float DPS EVOL LV rear shock and a150mm travel Fox 34 Performance Float fork for smooth bump-eating performance. Likewise, Shimano’s SLX 11-speed single-ring drivetrain provides consistent shifting and, thanks to its generous 46-tooth granny gear, makes short work of the kind of climbs you’d normally despise. Ready Ride bikes are shipped 95 percent assembled. Typical bike assembly is time-consuming and requires technical know-how. Ready Ride reduces the time and skills needed for the final, four-step assembly.
- Level Link design equals 130mm of efficient yet supple rear suspension
- Light and stiff carbon frame with Boost 148x12mm Maxle dropout
- KS LEV Si dropper post (w/Southpaw remote lever) adds maneuverability on descents
- Fox 34 Performance Float and Fox Float DPS EVOL LV rear shock provide supple suspension travel (150/130mm, front and rear)
- Plenty of gearing to tackle steep climbs, thanks to Shimano SLX 11-46T, single-ring drivetrain